The ICL7673CBAZA is an Automatic Battery Backup Switch. It is a monolithic CMOS battery backup circuit that offers unique performance advantages over conventional means of switching to a backup supply. The ICL7673 is intended as a low-cost solution for the switching of systems between two power supplies; main and battery backup. The main application is keep-alive-battery power switching for use in volatile CMOS RAM memory systems and real time clocks. In many applications this circuit will represent a low insertion voltage loss between the supplies and load. This circuit features low current consumption, wide operating voltage range and exceptionally low leakage between inputs. Logic outputs are provided that can be used to indicate which supply is connected and can also be used to increase the power switching capability of the circuit by driving external PNP transistors.
- Automatically connects output to the greater of either input supply voltage
- If main power to external equipment is lost, circuit will automatically connect battery backup
- Reconnects main power when restored
- Logic indicator signalling status of main power
- Low impedance connection switches
- Low internal power consumption
- Low leakage between inputs
- External transistors may be added if very large currents need to be switched
ESD sensitive device, take proper precaution while handling the device.